Mom much better, but tired; A bit more info for 10/21/2013

I was able to talk with Dad and Mom a bit at the hospital tonight.

Mom was most of the time half-asleep, but even half asleep she was more understandable than previous days.  She was being fed through the new feeding tube.

Dad said she earlier in the day had a bit of pain from the tube operation.  The staff said it should feel better by tomorrow.

Mom also had a therapy treatment today to try to help her get throat strength to be able to swallow correctly.  However, Mom could not take the pain of the treatment yet.

The rehab center selection is in process.
The number one selection is Church Of Christ Care Center, where my Aunt Edith lives.
I pray there will be a bed available for Mom there.

Aunt Vera and Dad reminded me that the place Mom stayed last year, Henry Ford Continuing Care Center- Roseville, was not liked at all by Mom.  Mom also caused quite a bit of hassle there, so they probably do not like her either.  Mom said no way that she would not go there.

I do not really have a 2nd and 3rd choice picked out, so I hope I will not need them.  If required, I guess I will rely on distance, lack of previous bad experience of Aunt Vera's family, and Medicare site ratings.

No comments: