Taxi working for my Dad; Also considering hired home care help.

Dad has taken a taxi 3 times now.  He is OK with taking one to and from his blood test tomorrow.  He does still feel it is expensive, and is tempted to try driving.
Mom has not ridden with him, and also has not thrown as much of a temper tantrum about it as she did in the past.

Dad and Mom both seem to be doing OK, but both wish they could do more physically.

Monday, 8/18/2014 PM I have invited a home care help service to the house to offer more help to my parents.  Basically, I expect they will give their sales pitch to Dad and Mom.  We will see if Mom is accepting of it...  Dad is not too hopeful, based on how Mom has forced away so much of the help that was offered by family.  However, Cousin Sean and I can not spend all our time over there.  I also worry that Dad will feel it is too expensive, as the service is not cheap.  However, I think it is a good option for near term transportation needs, and gives more options if they ever need more extensive help in the future.  Also, considering all they are willing to do, the price seems not unreasonable for hired help. 

Mom today asked me if I was in trouble at work.  She then asked why the work does not realize that I have family that needs help.  She does not seem to understand how much time I have already been spending, how much time is still needed for many more months, and that workplaces can not just keep fully paying employees forever for only working half time.  I have been very thankful at the flexibility and understanding my workplace has already given.

No comments: