A bit of details of Harold Abbey passage from pain into Jesus's presence.

Dad passed on to be with Jesus. Mom, Sally Abbey, misses him greatly already.

Dad no longer needs medication to be free from physical pain.
He died.

I know some of you may have heard or read already, because of the
calls, visits, and writings of condolence and support. Thank you.

My father passed from life to death to second life around 3pm today, 10/28/2014.
He had been resting peacefully, with the aid of medicine, the last couple days.
Hospice was a great help with taking care of all the details.


I am glad Uncle Chuck and Aunt Luise were there to help physically and
emotionally, and are staying with Mom to help during this time.

Mom is okay, but not good. She seems very drained at times, and at a
bit of a loss how to live without her husband of 44 years. She had
her first good rest last night, and I have strong hopes that the long,
stressful day today will result in good rest tonight. We will be
meeting with the funeral home tomorrow, so that will be a hard time on
her I suspect.

Dad's strong belief of the gift of his King, the Lord Christ, for his
post-death existence gives me great comfort.

Funeral details are not yet arranged, but we are planning a Friday
evening visitation and a funeral on Saturday at Kaul Funeral Home, 27830 Gratiot; Roseville, MI 48066.

Details should be posted at the funeral home web site once they are
known. I will probably also copy them here.

May God continue to show himself a sustainer to my Mom through these difficult days.

No comments: